Last Updated: September 13, 2013
1. When you visit AASCIT, you provide us with two types of information, both of which are collected by us: personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose, and Site use information collected by us as you interact with our Site.
4. By using the Site , you are consenting to have any data you enter transferred to and processed in the United States.
1. This children's privacy statement explains our Site's practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information on your rights under federal law with respect to such information.
2. This is a general audience Web site and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally-identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, we will delete such information from our records.
1. AASCIT will share your information with third parties where such sharing is 1) permitted by you, or 2) legally required. We may also provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the AASCIT-specified purposes.
2. We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We may reveal information if we have a good-faith belief that an information request by regulatory or law enforcement officials or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the AASCIT service or using the AASCIT name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
3. Through interactions with third-party sites, we may inadvertently receive some information about you or your use of the third-party site even if you are logged out from AASCIT, or that pertains to non-AASCIT users, from those sites in conjunction with the technical operation of the system.
5. Certain information you post to the Site may be shared with other users beyond these privacy policies. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information on any information submitted to a Web site, such as a blog, comments, messages, photos, videos, or other items, this information may become publicly available.
Users may be prompted to enter their credit card information, including, for example, when making purchases, renewing membership, or donating online. Any credit card information you may provide to us is secured during transmission over the Internet using industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We use your credit card information only to bill you for the products and services you order from us. We do not share your credit card information with anyone, except as may be necessary to process your transactions or comply with law.
Information we gather on our Site is stored within controlled databases (hosted by us or by a third party on our behalf). As effective as the reasonable security measures implemented by us and our service providers may be, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of any of our or our service providers' systems or databases nor can we guarantee that information supplied will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
1. AASCIT is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data online such as credit card information.
2. Your access to some services and content is password protected. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. AASCIT will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. You should not disclose your user name and password to others. In addition, if applicable, you should remember to log out of your AASCIT account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
3. Even using our best efforts to protect your personal information, AASCIT cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online services or benefits. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.